Friday, July 8, 2011

Entertainer of the Year Nominee - TMR

I apologize for not getting our next nominee introduced yesterday. Storms rolling through kept me off line and have created technical difficulties with my wireless. The hazard of living rural. So I’ll tell you about Tommy (not to be confused with the afore profiled Tommy Alverson) today. Then tomorrow before all the festivities get underway down in Linden, I’ll tell you about our final nominee in the Entertainer of the Year category.

Today, it’s all about Thomas Michael Riley. I introduced you to Tommy last year when he appeared in this category. The fact he’s here two years running tells me he isn’t here by chance. The powers that be recognize what fills this long, tall Texan – pure talent! People, this man can sing and write a lyric in nearly every sub-genre of Texas music, and do it with heart. He was also nominated in 2010 for Song of the Year – In the Garden and for Album of the Year and won for his Tommy cd. In the Garden appears on the Live From Luckenbach cd.

The first time I heard Thomas sing ‘Livin this Time’ my heart skipped a beat. I wanted to be standing in front of the stage, my back snuggled up against my guy and lose myself in the music. His passion for life comes through and he wants to share it with the world. And he does – in his music. Whether he’s encouraging you to LIVE or singing the 'Chicken Chokin’ Blues', every note he plays reaches out to each individual listening He makes you a part of what he enjoys and who he is. Aside from Entertainer of the Year, Thomas Michael Riley is also up for Vocal Duo of the Year with his good buddy, Mike Blakely for their collaboration of ‘Live From Luckenbach. To get a sampling of Tommy's voice and to order his cd's, follow the link to MyTexasMusic

Good Luck Thomas!
Country Blessings


No comments:

Post a Comment