Monday, April 16, 2012

Looking for a great place to eat?

You'll find it at Our Place Cafe in Hendersonville TN. Joe Perricone and his staff offer up the best in Southern food cafeteria-style.

Joe, himself, greeted me when I walked in. (how often does that happen where you go?) He made me feel right at home and didn't have a problem with me just wanting a cold drink and a place to collect my thoughts while I killed some time.

I hate traffic in big cities so when my interview with James Williams ended at 4 p.m., I knew I did NOT want back out on I-65 until after rush hour. I took a leisurely drive around Hendersonville then went back to Our Place Cafe to sample the food. I had a fried chicken breast, chicken gravy (with big chunks of chicken) over cornbread stuffing and a dinner roll. Oh man! If you get nothing else off the menu at Our Place Cafe, get a roll... or three! They are warm from the steamer and what sinking your teeth into a cloud might be like. YUM!

Since I was again killing time, I enjoyed a piece of Pecan Pie. Some of their baked goods are from a bakery but they try to do as much as they can on-site and, like all their foods, made from scratch.

Next time you're around the Nashville area, take a drive up to Hendersonville for lunch. The food and the hospitality are worth the trip! Make note they are CLOSED on the weekend. But they're open until 8 p.m. during the week.

They also offer catering and banquet services to meet every price range and occasion. Your gathering will be a favorite memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment