Wednesday, May 21, 2014

REVIEW WEDNESDAY - Concert Review

The Scott Taylor Band


Over the past few months I've been asked to include concert reviews on the blog. Since I’m able to attend more shows I thought this a good suggestion. If there’s anything you would like to see on the blog, please email me or leave a comment and I’ll give serious consideration.

Since this has become ‘The Scott Taylor Band’ week in Kelly’s Country, I thought I would review the concert I attended during Fiddler’s Frolics in Halletsville TX. I’ve known of the group for over a year, promoting their gigs on The Party List, twitter and FB. But this was the first opportunity I had to see what this talented group is capable of. Mike Parker (harmonica) and I have been mutual followers on twitter so I was not surprised when Mike walked up prior to set-up and said hello. When someone other than the lead singer for a group can set the tone for a show, you know good things are on the horizon. I was not disappointed.

From the moment The Scott Taylor Band took the stage until the final note, the classic country/ honky tonk style music flowed like a tapped keg. Dancers of all ages filled the large dance floor of the KC Hall. At one point Scott’s dad, Mike Taylor, joined the group on stage. His presence and his voice reinforcing the purity of what this band is all about.

All of the band members have an opportunity to show off their individual talents at various points throughout the show. Wade Stockton (Texas State Fiddle Hall of Fame member)/ fiddle, Mike Parker/ harmonica, David Stockton/ bass guitar, Billy Jo High/ lead guitar, Steve Carson/ lead guitar and Sammy Zamora/ drums.

And just when you think you've got this band figured out, don’t be surprised if you hear a little “Highway to Hell” interspersed with the classic country. Why? Because this group recognizes their audience covers a wide range of listeners and while they are still ‘country’, there’s a little bit of rock in more than a few of their fans – and it gives the tried and true country folk that ‘pause for the cause’ opportunity.

Aside from being a band to dance to, The Scott Taylor Band handles the concert stage like the professionals they are. They have opened for Tracy Lawrence, Shenandoah, Robert Earl Keen, SheDaisy, Big & Rich, Jason Boland & Jack Ingram to name a few.

Regardless of the venue, you will not be disappointed. So check their tour schedule, pay your door fee and be prepared to have a great time!

You can follow the band
Website
ReverbNation
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube


No comments:

Post a Comment