Thursday, November 1, 2012

POST CMAs

Another year is almost behind us. I can't say there were any surprises. Well, maybe one. I thought sure Brantley Gilbert would get New Artist, though Hunter Hayes earned it. Nice to see it not just 'handed' over as has seemed the case in recent years.

I was THRILLED not to see Taylor Swift get Female Vocalist.

The thing that made me most happy was the tribute to Willie Nelson. Lady Antebellum was a good choice for Always On My Mind.  Though I think my heart would have gone pitter patter if it had been Trace Atkins instead. Hey, even a journalist has her favorites. I also thought Whiskey River and Blake Shelton was a great pairing. Though you couldn't miss the double play with reformed Keith Urban as the other half of the duo.

As I type this, I'm crossing my fingers for Entertainer of the Year... praying they'll give it to someone who's truly EARNED it!

Yes, the award went to Blake Shelton. I can't believe it. I've NEVER known Blake to be speechless LOL.

If you missed the show but would like to see how things went down, you can check out the link  at CMA World

Please leave a comment. What did you like about the CMAs? What disappointed you? Let your voice be heard.

Country Blessings
Kelly



No comments:

Post a Comment