Monday, March 5, 2012

Meet Justin Haigh

It seems every time I click on the ‘Listen Here’ button over at My Texas Music I get a treat. It’s like a bottomless Easter basket. The contents are as inviting as a colored confectionary egg and usually as smooth as that solid milk chocolate bunny I can’t wait to bite the ears off of. Today was no different. In fact, that chocolate bunny was sweet enough to make me crave more. And if you click that link, you'll enjoy the same dreamy sensation.

I’m talking wanting more of Justin Haigh. If you click on his name, it will take you to his website where you are in for a definite treat. To the left of the page there’s a video of his current single, All My Friends Are Behind Bars. If this guy doesn’t open for people like Brad Paisley, someone isn’t paying attention. Not that I want him playing in the Nashville arena, mind you, but when you check out the video you’ll understand where I’m comin’ from with this.

Justin is up for Male Vocalist of the Year as well as Song of the Year for ‘Monahans’ from his debut album.

With a bit of Leroy VanDyke to his voice and the charismatic style of Brad Paisley, you can hear tradition in every note he sings. His debut album, ‘People Like Me’ (written by the talented Kevin Higgins), is exactly who he sings it for… people like him who appreciate traditional country music.

Unlike many who think the road to country music success leads to Nashville, Justin followed music roots and headed for Texas in 2006, from his home state of South Dakota. Soon after, he signed with the Apache Ranch label. If this album is any indication of what we will see more of from Justin, I’d say he’s in good hands… and vice versa.
Sending best wishes to Justin and…

Country Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, "Monahans" is up for Song of the Year. However, you failed to mention that it was written by acclaimed songwriter Kevin Higgins. I sure you don't want to imply (by omission) that Haigh wrote this song.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My apologies. The correction has been made, as well as a link to Kevin Higgins Music. Thank you for the information.
      Country Blessings!

      Delete