Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Welcome the Female Vocalist Nominees

The first of the five women we’re going to showcase is Cori Lynn. Cori is no stranger to performing and I’d say this recognition is long overdue. Peforming in the Ft. Worth area where she was born since the age of 7.

Her debut CD, Make It Easy For Me showcases Cori Lynn for who she is and where she is going in this business. People are taking notice. Her sound is sensuous and breathy on tracks like You Make Me Who I Am and Walk Through Walls with a undercurrent of a rock edge similar to Pat Benatar on the title track or Thirteen.

If you check out her website you can watch the full video for Make It Easy On Me.
Cori Lynn is a perfect example of what I’ve been saying all along. Texas music isn’t necessarily cowboy or country music. The roots of those things are there, but don’t try to sell it to me as ‘country’. Texas music is all about the talent that grows deep in its heart… and all the varied sounds it fosters.

Cori Lynn has a sound that would do well on the current country charts. My hope is she’ll stick with her Texas roots and allow someone whose heart is in Texas music to keep her grounded. I think her grandfather, Barry Corbin can help with that. But that’s another profile.

Best of luck at the awards, Cori Lynn.

Country Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for taking the time to blog about my music! I'm really honored and was so excited to read what you wrote. You're right about my heart being in Texas...and my Grandpa has always pointed me in the right direction ( ; I don't know what I'd do without him. Thanks again for you nice comments, Cori Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've earned every word I wrote, Cori Lynn. I've admired your grandpa's talent for years. He's never tried to be anyone but who he is. Good example to follow. ::: smile :::: Good Luck!

      Delete