Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Wade Bowen

Aside from my friend Mike Blakely and the legendary Michael Martin Murphy, I had never heard of any of the other nominees. The neat thing about doing what I do, is I am introduced to some awesome talent. This week is no exception.

I’m showcasing Wade Bowen. Wade’s category is listed as alternative country. Not only is he up for Entertainer of the Year, but he is also up for Male Vocalist of the Year and "You Had Me At My Best" is nominated for Record of the Year.

Listening to sound clips from various recordings I’m taken back to a smoke-filled bar in a far-corner booth and my date for the evening. Wade’s music makes for perfect background to private conversation over a cold long-neck.

Wade isn’t new to the music scene. His single "God Bless This Town" went to the top of the Texas Music Chart while its video was a Top 20 debut on CMT and spent several weeks at #1 on CMT’s Pure Country 12 Pack countdown. He has also toured with Lee Ann Womack
Wade is as talented a songwriter as he is a guitar player.

Take time to check out his homepage –
http://www.wadebowen.com/ Listen to the jukebox selections. You won’t be disappointed.

Til next week
Country Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment