Tuesday, December 1, 2020

TURNTABLE TUESDAY - Brave the Storm

 Before I go any further, I want to thank everyone for their patience. I'm trying really hard to get things uploaded on a regular basis. Sadly, I didn't get this blog covered as much as I'd have liked the past several weeks. 

Most of the month of November was taken up with a road trip to IL then on to IA to visit extended family. The youngest girl (like a daughter to me) was expecting her first child(ren) - twins girls. I wasn't missing out on helping her prep for this milestone in her life. I've missed a lot with her the past several years. Even in the midst of COVID, I needed to remedy that.  As of 11/ 28 I am officially a Mimi when Kassie delivered two beautiful little girls. 

To add to the journey, her oldest sister recently became a foster mom to an infant. She brought the now 12- week old little girl home from the hospital at 5 weeks old.

So as you can tell, I've been a bit pre-occupied. 


Today, I'm introducing you to a newcomer on the scene. Last Year's Man ( (Tyler's pseudonym) comes to us from Eugene Oregon. While y'all know I'm a Texas girl at heart, I have to tell you that the music coming out of the PNW is creative and deep. 


Brave the Storm takes you deep inside yourself. The overall melancholy tone of the album is masterfully delivered with vocals (shared with his wife Erin) and acoustic guitar the stars of the show. His experience as a producer brings something I rarely hear in albums... a true ear. Brave the Storm isn't just an album, it's an experience.

I normally walk you through track by track but I'm not going to do that here. Why? Because the overall album goes deep into your soul, making the tracks a personal journey for everyone who listens. What I feel is going to be totally different for each of you. This isn't just an album, it's a meditation. The dream-like effect transcends this crazy world we are in right now - something I think we all need. 

There are tunes on here that move me almost to tears... they go that deep for me. 

Here's what I want each of you to do.
Check out video for the title track then click one of the buy links provided and download your copy.  
After you've listened, I'd love to hear your thoughts either in the comments below or by tagging me on Twitter and IG - @kellyscountry


One additional note. Aside from a masterful songwriter, Tyler is a fabulous artist. Check out  his website then click the ART tab to be transported to another side of this talented soul.
I'm giving this album:




You'll find Last Year's Man on the following social media channels:

No comments:

Post a Comment