Tuesday, April 25, 2017

TURNTABLE TUESDAY! - Rich Price



One of the coolest things about  my new job as feature writer for Saddlebag Dispatches magazine is that I find the most fabulous gems during my research.

While researching my article on Rex Allen, Jr (which you can read HERE), I was introduced to another cowboy singer, Rich Price. I've not met the man in person but already know we could talk for hours. Due to unforseen circumstances on his end, I'll be posting Out Of the Chute with him tomorrow (Wednesday).

For now, let's step inside his album.



If you are fan of all things Western, get a feeling deep inside when you hear the voice of Jim Reeves, Rex Allen, Roy Rogers then this album is for you.


One of the most enjoyable parts of a cowboy/ western song for me is the steady pace, mimicking the gait of a horse beneath you on a leisure ride. While even the old west had its dangers, life moved at a much slower pace back then. I don't know about you but there are days I really wish the world would just slow down... stopping even for a few moments for me to catch up. 

WESTERN SONGS is a 12-track collection of songs with roots deep in the trail of the cowboy way. This is the music that has stood the test of time. They tell stories... real stories of love, life and the human condition many of us miss.

Rich has amazing help on this album. The Jordanaires provide back up and the album was produced by Harold BradleyWith a team like this, the album can only be Ace-High. 


I didn't grow up in the days of the Silver Screen cowboys but I've always loved the old west... from about the second grade. As a little girl, I rode my green and white Schwinn bike with the banana seat all over town with a neighbor boy playing cowboys and Indians. In my early teens a deaf neighbor girl taught me to ride a horse. To this day I hate the thought of putting a saddle between me and the horse. Maybe there's more Native American in me than cowboy. ;-)

Albums like Western Songs by Rich Price - also known as the singing sierran - provide me with the respite from the daily rush, taking me back to the days of riding that bike or carrying me to my favorite place to be... outside, next to a campfire and the stars twinkling above. Come sit a spell and enjoy this album with me. 

You can check out the tracks by watching the video below - from Rich's YouTube Channel



The Album is also available on AMAZON      iTUNES

Come back tomorrow for my interview with Rich. In the meantime, you can follow him on his website and various social media platforms.

WEBSITE    FACEBOOK      YOUTUBE  


I'm tipping my hat...

 .8

No comments:

Post a Comment